Tim has an LLB from the University of Otago and was admitted to the bar in 2003. He has specialised in employment law in New Zealand for all of his legal career. Tim appears regularly in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
He has a particular expertise in industrial relations, and his experience includes advising on:
- Strikes and lockouts, including strikes and lockouts in essential services;
- Collective bargaining and facilitated bargaining;
- Personal grievances;
- Disputes over the interpretation of employment agreements;
- Transfers of undertakings and matters arising under Part 6A Employment Relations Act 2000;
- Holidays, parental leave, KiwiSaver and minimum wage issues;
- ACC reviews; and
- Restraints of trade and related issues.