We're open to any form of communication which best suits our clients. Building long-term relationships is a very important element of our work, so we're strong advocates of face-to-face meetings and personal representation so we can talk on your terms.
Our approach is practical, solution-focused and rigorous, and our method of working is collaborative and strategic.
We believe the best results come from clear communication between our legal team and our clients.
We are committed to doing our best to ensure that your legal needs are met. We will:
- Protect and promote your interests and act for you free from compromising influences or loyalties
- Discuss with you your objectives and how they should best be achieved
- Act competently, in a timely way, and in accordance with instructions received and arrangements made
- Provide you with information about the work to be done, who will do it and the way the services will be provided
- Protect your privacy and ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Treat you fairly, respectfully and without discrimination
- Give you clear information and advice
- Keep you informed about the work being done and advise you when it is completed
- Charge you a fee that is fair and reasonable and let you know how and when you will be billed
If you instruct us, we will provide you with a letter of engagement which set out which person will be responsible for your work and will enclose our Terms of Engagement and Client Care. This will include information on the basis of our charges and billing arrangements.
The Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers of the New Zealand Law Society also explains your rights whenever you receive legal services from a lawyer.