Michelle joined SBM in October 2017 as an Associate, after practising Employment Law in the UK for a number of years. She qualified and practised civil law (including employment) in Auckland, before moving to the UK.
Michelle is an experienced employment lawyer, whose expertise incudes advising and representing employers (both private and public sector e.g. Government Departments / NHS / Local Authorities) and employees on a wide range of employment law issues, such as:
- Employment contracts/agreements and policies;
- Unjustified dismissal;
- Discrimination (race, sex, disability, pregnancy & maternity, part-time workers and fixed term employees;
- Equal Pay (including defending class actions);
- Parental rights/flexible working;
- Disciplinary and grievance investigations;
- Settlement/termination agreements;
- Employee rights on transfer/sale of a business.
She is experienced in advocacy, negotiation and mediation in the specialist Employment jurisdictions. Previous clients have described Michelle as “approachable and flexible”.